Our Commitment To You
At Taco Bell, we’re continuously adapting to how to best serve and keep our customers, employees and franchisees safe.
Throughout the COVID-19 health crisis we’ve consistently added new health and safety measures where needed, while continuing to follow our already strict protocols with respect to food safety, hygiene, cleaning and sanitation. In our ongoing commitment to respond quickly with adjustments as recommended by public health, we’ve added some new service updates that are in keeping with current mandatory Ontario COVID-19 Workplace Safety Standards.
Each manager and team member must complete Taco Bell COVID-19 training.
In addition to drive thru and delivery, curbside pick-up is available at select locations.
Uber Eats and Door Dash are available at participating stores. Tamper-proof stickers are applied to all delivery orders.
We’ve implemented contactless service to reduce touchpoints between customers and employees. Drive thru orders will be served in one of two ways:
- Two-person service - one team member taking the order, the other team member handling the order.
- One person service - one team member taking the order and placing the order on a food-safe container for the customer to grab themselves.
- Contactless card payments are encouraged
In accordance with public health guidelines, all employees must wear Personal Protective Equipment while working, including face mask & gloves. Any additional provincial guidelines and restrictions are being followed, as applicable.
We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing throughout our restaurants, with a special focus on high-touch areas such as drink dispensers, front counters, pin pads, etc.
We’ve reinforced our already strict sanitation, handwashing and health and wellness policies for our employees, along with the following:
- All team members must practice maintaining 6ft physical distancing within the restaurant, where possible; Restaurants may adjust workstations to be 6 feet apart, where possible.
- Plexi Glass and floor decals are in place to help always maintain 6ft physical distancing from and between customers.
- Use non-contact methods for greeting each other and customers: No handshakes, no high-fives.
- Although dining rooms currently remain closed until further notice, the below have already and will continue to be implemented once dining rooms reopen:
- Where mandated by the Public Health Board, restaurants will participate in contact tracing
- A limited number of guests will be allowed in the restaurant to ensure 6 feet physical distancing in always maintained
- Where two entrances apply, customers will use one as an entrance and one as an exit
- Current Occupancy Limit signs will be present in order to avoid large crowds
- Table decals are in place to help always maintain 6ft physical distancing
- Napkins, utensils, and condiment packets have been moved to behind the counter
- Customers will receive a new cup for drink refills
- Hand sanitizer is always available for team members and take-out customers
- Employees are advised to not come to work if feeling ill, are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. To minimize transmission, employees must self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms at home. If an employee has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they
must notify a supervisor and follow the COVID-19 Action Plans.
Additional provincial guidelines and restrictions are being followed where applicable. For up-to-date information on the status of your local Taco Bell restaurant, please contact them using https://www.tacobell.ca/en/stores/